Welcome to Hillsdale
George and Lindsey welcome you to Hillsdale in Ambleside – a traditional Lakeland slate townhouse in a quiet location, in the heart of picturesque Ambleside.
We are just a minute’s walk from the town’s main attractions, including an eclectic mix of eateries – restaurants, wine bars, cafes and hostelries and of course, plenty of opportunities for a bit of retail therapy too!
Ambleside has on its doorstep some of the most popular walking routes in Britain, and we are but a fifteen minute stroll from the northern edge of Lake Windermere which offers water leisure activities and lake cruises throughout the year.
We have excellent knowledge of the area, Lindsey being a true local and George having lived in Ambleside for many years, and we are more than happy to help you plan and make the most of your stay in this beautiful corner of England.
FOR 2020 BOOKINGS PLEASE SEE SPECIAL COVID BOOKING CONDITIONS IN BOOKING PROCESS
What sets us apart …
- * 8 beautifully styled en-suite guest rooms – 6 double and 2 king
- * A FREE off-road parking space for each room – SAVING £10:00 per day on local parking charges
- * FREE WiFi internet access
- * Best rates guaranteed if booked by phone or via our own website
- * Good hearty breakfasts to set you up for the day ahead
- * Prices from as little as £85 per room B&B – check availability
- * Further information available here
- * Drying facility for wet weather gear